Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Steve Angello - The Yearbook

Armed with a slew of new CDs and enough confidence to rebuild Hadrian’s Wall, Steve Angello totally destroyed the Space terrace at the inaugural Ibiza opening on May 31st – but in truth, the momentum has been building on Steve Angello’s music for some time now. First up was arguably his globe-straddling Moby remix of ‘Raining Again.’ Then it was ‘Tell Me Why’ with Sebastian Ingrosso and ‘Be’ with Laidback Luke. And then ‘Be’ returned in spirit (and b-line) for ‘Show Me Love’ with original vocalist Robin S and Laidback Luke in tow, smashing clubs and Top Ten charts into tiny pieces everywhere it was dropped. “It’s a huge track as we all know,” says Steve Angello. “It’s just one of those tracks. It’s done a lot of good stuff for me so I do a new bootleg of it every six months. The best thing about it is everywhere I go, it’s the one track that everyone wants to hear. I may have played it 60,000 times but people still want to hear it!”

Since we last looked, Steve Angello decamped to Los Angeles where he’s been living at least 50% of the time, boosting his creativity and inner confidence to all-new levels. “I love playing in The States, it’s a scene that’s ready to explode,” he states. “They’re getting kind of bored of American DJs so I go one week a month to keep them interested in us. The scene in LA is huge – we used to play to 1500, now it’s closer to 4000. I play at Mansion and Avalon in LA and Pacha in New York. I love Pacha New York too – it’s Erick’s club! – they got the place up on its feet and it catches that typical New York feeling. You also remember every face on the dance-floor.”

But L.A. is Steve’s new home and despite having played pretty much every club on the American circuit, he says Avalon remains his favourite club spot. “The vibe in there is just ridiculous! It’s the only club that goes past 4AM. When the light comes in at 6AM, I still have 4 hours to go. And then I can jump in my car and go home.” Needless to say, music is Steve’s main priority in 2009. “You know, I think if you come to LA and want to work, it’s important… they’re tired of producers doing one track and disappearing – I’m a workaholic!



To download this mix click here 

0 comments:

Post a Comment